Publications related to the project
- Dencik, Lina. 2018. ‘Surveillance Realism and the Politics of Imagination: Is There No Alternative?’ Krisis, Journal for Contemporary Philosophy, Data Activism, 1. http://krisis.eu/surveillance-realism-and-the-politics-of-imagination-is-there-no-alternative/.
- Dencik, Lina, Arne Hintz, and Jonathan Cable. 2016. ‘Towards Data Justice? The Ambiguity of Anti-Surveillance Resistance in Political Activism’. Big Data & Society 3 (2): 205395171667967. https://doi.org/10.1177/2053951716679678.
The first ‘Data Justice’ Conference
The first ‘Data Justice’ conference was held 21-22 May 2018 at Cardiff University (Cardiff, UK)
- More information
- Live Stream of Plenaries
- Conference Programme
- Conference Brochure (pdf)
- Follow #datajustice18
Events attended by the team related to the project:
- DJL’s Fieke Jansen will be presenting her work on creative research methodologies for studying data flows and infrastructure at the Sensing Media conference at the University of Siegen, Germany, June 14-15, 2018.
- Javier Sánchez was on Ingoberlab presenting the talk (Spanish) “Justicia social y datos: más allá de la privacidad en la era Big Data” at “La Ingobernable” social center. Madrid, Spain, August 29, 2018. Video of the talk in Spanish here.
- How to implement WordPress visitors privacy.